An upgrade slot in a contributes to the overall upgrade capacity of a ship. It can be used to hold one of the upgrade modules. Some upgrade modules, e.g. an enlarged cargo hold, use up more than one upgrade slot when equipped.
Examples of upgrade modulesEdit
- Enhanced cargo hold: improves your ship’s overall cargo capacity.
- Internal bulkhead: increases your ship’s capacity for taking damage
- Avionics upgrade: increases your ship’s targeting
- Refinery tools: spaceborne junk can be reduced to sellable core components
- Gun capacitor: engines can provide more energy to the gun systems
- Jump drive: enables the ship to travel across star systems
- Shield generator: improves or modifies the shield