The strength of a thruster is described by its thrust rating. The ratings are on a scale from TR1 to TR10. Higher thrust rating means a more powerful thruster.
Not all similiarly rated thrusters are made equal, however. A thruster made by a better manufacturer will be better than a poorer, cheaper made thruster even though it has the same rating. Thrust ratings are also not relative to each other. For example, a TR2 thruster may only be slightly stronger than a TR1 thruster as they are generally used as maneuvering thursters on smaller ships, but a TR7 could be many times stronger than a TR6 as thrusters rated higher than 6 are generally used as main thrusters on much larger ships.[source?]
Note that stock engines do not always have the maximum possible thrust rating
Weak thrusters, commonly used as maneuvering thrusters in lighter ships.
Stronger than TR1, these are used to maneuver heavier ships and power light ships
- Dragon STC Blue Aurora ES
- Dragon STC Red Aurora MR
- X-Forge P/S2-80 Aurora CL
- OKB Voshkod Energia IV Aurora LX/LN
- Hammer Propulsion HM 4.1 Merlin
- Hammer Propulsion HM 4.2 M50
- Hammer Propulsion HE 5.2 Gladius, Gladiator
- Magma Jet Mustang
- Gladiator maneuvering thrusters
- Scythe maneuvering thrusters
- Cutlass maneuvering thrusters
- Caterpillar maneuvering thrusters
- Starfarer maneuvering thrusters
- Freelancer maneuvering thrusters
- Vanguard maneuvering thrusters
These serve as the main thrusters for light ships and as maneuvering thrusters on heavy ships.
- Hammer Propulsion HM 4.3 Hornet F7C, 350R
- Hammer Propulsion HMX 4.3 Hornet F7C-M
- Hammer Propulsion HE 5.3 300i
These serve as main propulsion for mid-weight ships or fast, light ships.
- Dragon STC Silver
- Hammer Propulsion HL 2.4 Avenger
- Hammer Propulsion HM 4.4 Cutlass Red, Hornet F7A
- Hammer Propulsion HE 5.4 Cutlass Blue, Caterpillar
- ArcCorp Arc Duo 400 Freelancer
- Scythe main thrusters
- Vanguard main thruster
Used individually in medium-sized ships or en masse in heavier ships for main thrusters.
- Hammer Propulsion HE 5.5 Constellation Andromeda
- Hammer Propulsion HEX 5.5 Constellation Phoenix
- Retaliator main thrusters
- Two of Starfarer's main thrusters
- Idris main thrusters
- Freelancer's main thrusters
Very heavy-duty thruster used to maneuver carriers
- One of the Starfarer's main thrusters.
- Bengal-class Carrier maneuvering thrusters.
- Banu Merchantman's main thrusters.
- Orion main thrusters.
Super duper heavy-duty thruster used to maneuver carriers
Currently, the only known higher rated thrusters are used for the Bengal's main thrusters.