Alpha Patch 2.1.0 has been released to live, and is now available for players! This patch provides access to our new flyable Freelancer base, the flyable Vanguard Warden, the hangar-ready Sabre, as well as numerous fixes for the Crusader region.
Some important call-outs:
- Our original EVA system is remaining active for the time being.
- After testing and feedback on the PTU, we opted to disable the first iteration of our new physicalized EVA system to allow for more polish and bug fixing.
- The Vanguard Warden should be available as a flyable loaner to owners of the Harbinger and Sentinel. Flyable loaners do not appear in the hangar.
- The Vanguard Warden is currently more maneuverable then our intended goal for the ship, and we will be making a further balance pass on it in the near future.
- Freelancer damage states are not fully implemented and will not be working during the initial 2.1.0 launch.
- We are aware that the elevator UI will occasionally provide a false-positive “server full” error message when attempting to join an instance, and are continuing to investigate the cause.
- The doors inside of ArcCorp and Million Mile High Club will occasionally break. As this includes the elevator doors, it can trap occupants inside.
Hangar Module Edit
- Million Mile High Club is now available on live to those with the eligible package. You can access it via the Hangar elevator or the Main Menu -> “Universes” interface.
- It is also possible for members of your party to go with you into your Million Mile High Club.
- The AEGIS Sabre is now hangar-ready!
- The new MISC Freelancer (base) model is is now available for viewing in the Hangar!
- (It’s also flight-ready in Crusader).
- A new lighting pass for Revel and York has begun.
- Vanguard Warden has received some graphical updates.
- Two new sliders have been added to the audio option menu.
- “Dynamic Range” and “Ship Computer Speech Volume”.
- Fixed an issue where the Vanguard was missing its bathroom door.
- Fixed an issue with texture conflicts in the left and right expansion bays of Selfland.
- Fixed an issue where some untextured items would appear on the reflections inside the VFG Industrial Hangar.
- Fixed an issue where there was a not-so-faint pink-purple tinge in all of VFG Industrial Hangar.
- Fixed an issue where having all Constellation variants in the hangar at once would cause severe streaming issues.
- Fixed an issue where the ladders in the VFG Industrial had no use prompts to descend them.
Arena Commander Module: Edit
- Pilots can no longer exit ships in Arena Commander.
- Except for Free Flight mode, where pilots and crew can still exit their ships and EVA freely.
- The Apocalypse Arms (APAR) Revenant, a new size 4 ballistic gatling gun.
- This weapon is available on the Vanguard Warden by default, or purchased separately on the store.
- The AEGIS Vanguard Warden is now flyable in both Arena Commander and Crusader!
- Ships can now only lock and fire 2 missiles simultaneously.
- The exception at the moment is the Origin 325a, which can lock 4 missiles due to the WillsOp Targeting computer.
- We are looking into other ships with similar or identical targeting computers to identify further missile adjustments in the future.
- The weapons and turrets on the Retaliator and Cutlass have been adjusted for better overall role balance.
- Fixed an issue where ship attachments (weapons and components) would not behave correctly when the ship was destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where the Battle Royale game mode would sometimes not end.
- Fixed an issue where players could get kicked from Vanduul Swarm for being idle while waiting to respawn.
- Fixed an issue where ejecting during self-destruct would allow players to bypass the respawn penalty.
- Fixed an issue where the self-destruct of a ship would be canceled after ejecting or exiting the pilot chair.
- Fixed an issue where the P-52 Merlin could not respawn in Race mode.
- Fixed an issue where multiple ships had broken or incorrect damage states in multiplayer game mode.
- Fixed an issue where the Vanduul Glaive and Scythe had incorrect top speeds in SCM mode.
- The Scythe now has a top speed of 195 m/s in SCM mode
- The Glaive now has a top speed of 205 m/s in SCM mode.
- Fixed an issue where Vanduul ships weapons were not being displayed in the OVR HUD.
- Fixed an issue where ship holograms were not displaying sections of the ship.
Persistent Universe: Edit
- The Covalex Shipping hub now has a mission associated with it, seeking a Private Investigator.
- The mission should provides different paths and endings based on what data the character locates during the mission.
- The MISC Freelancer (base) is now flyable in Crusader!
- Added an “aim” pose for characters that are prone.
- Both the Hangar Elevator and the Main Menu “Universes” UI now allows users to select instances (either best available or instances with friends/contacts) after they have selected the location.
- mobiGlas animations have been streamlined to make the process of accessing missions faster.
- Crouch animations and related locomotion have received some tweaks.
- The animations for “Idle to Movement” and “Movement to Idle” while holding a pistol have been tweaked.
- Some minor changes to how stop, starts, footsteps and running are animated.
- Run/walk animations have received tweaks.
- Several performance improvements for Crusader have been made.
- The Port Olisar ship selector console has received some performance improvements.
- Fixed an issue where weapons were not brought back up after mobiGlas had been toggled off.
- Fixed an issue where aim-down-sight did not persist when transitioning to and from prone.
- Fixed an issue where QT could not be activated once a character had passed the “edge of universe boundary”.
- Fixed an issue where players could get back into a ship after ejecting, despite the canopy having been destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where pilots would not receive a collision warning for certain objects and stations in Crusader.
- Fixed an issue where ships that had self-on or near landing pads would not despawn and thus render the landing pad useless.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to get the Port Olisar airlocks stuck in a permanent cycle state.
- Fixed an issue where ships could self-destruct in the Armistice zone.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to black out even with G-SAFE enabled, without using boost.
- Fixed an issue where ship weapons would remain non-functional after having been repaired.
- Fixed one major cause of ships spawning with missing collision.
- This was effecting a variety of ships, and we will be monitoring closely to see if new causes are revealed.
- Fixed an issue where activating aim down sight would not correctly override sprint when the player had a weapon out.
- Fixed an issue where the landing gear for the Retaliator Bomber was missing collision.
- Fixed an issue where the Vanduul Scythe cockpit would shoot forward when the ship is destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where interacting with the Constellation Andromeda side airlocks would catapult players out into space.
- Fixed a typo on the construction sign for the ArcCorp Galleria, so it now correctly lists “2946” as the completion date.
- Fixed an issue with railing collision in various areas of ArcCorp.
- Fixed an issue where audio elements from the ship-terminals at Port Olisar would abruptly cut off as a character interacted with it.
- Fixed an issue where the scroll bar in the Contacts List (“F11”) was very difficult to see.
- Fixed an issue where the Dumper’s Depot robotic arm audio was playing across all of ArcCorp.
- Fixed an issue where weapons would pop into place during select/deselect animations rather then happening smoothly.
- Fixed an issue where the “Use” prompt for pick-ups (such as guns) would show up through walls.
- Fixed an issue with the P4-AR Ballistic Rifle, where it added a camera jerk when shifting fire modes.
- Fixed an issue where motion blur would be much more drastic on faster machines.
- Fixed several server-side crashes.
- Fixed a number of client crashes.
- Fixed several causes of Error 7 when attempting to access Crusader.
- Fixed some of the server and performance issues that were occurring when there were many AI ships active simultaneously.
- Fixed an issue where joining instances via the “Contacts In Instance” function was frequently timing out.
- Fixed a performance issue related to AI deaths in Crusader.
- Fixed a frame rate drop that would occur for all connected clients in Crusader, when a player died in combat.
- The Constellation Andromeda has received some optimizations to improve client performance in and around the ship.
- Fixed an issue where “Contacts in Instance” was very difficult to read on the Elevator terminal UI.
- Fixed an issue where the party list would disappear for the leader when there are more then 2 members of the party.
- Fixed an issue where “Contacts In Instance” wouldn’t appear on the Hangar Elevator until the user had entered and exited a instance.
- Fixed an issue where the text entry field for contacts had to be cleared by clicking “X” each time.
- Fixed an issue where kicking someone from a party or disbanding the party would not update the contacts window until it had been closed and reopened.