If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my efforts while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of tactical deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then even the deepest spy cannot discern it, nor the wise make plans against it.
This 3,500 year old quote, attributed to a Chinese military commander from Sol III (pre-starfaring epoch), is the guiding principle for the Omni Vigilant Gypsies (OVG).
OVG dabbles in a little bit of everything, operating on both sides of the line between law and lawlessness. We urge you to read our organization's charter, which can be found on our spectrum channel.
- Do you prefer working alone or in small units?
- Do you like faster, smaller ships?
- Do you prefer working the edges as opposed to bulling your way through the enemy lines?
- Do you enjoy taking your time, looking for that one small weakness in the enemy's defenses?
- Do you enjoy the thrill of securing the objective without being detected?
- Do you like the satisfaction of making a discrete getaway; or the rush of the fast getaway?
Not every piece of business in the galaxy is about starship combat and the inevitable chest thumping and kill counting that goes along with it. There are jobs that cannot be completed if you are detected...jobs where client anonymity is paramount...contracts that emphasize speed and low signature, while avoiding outright confrontation wherever possible.
At OVG, we specialize in these types of jobs.