Laser based ship weapons
Klaus & Werner's line of CF laser repeaters are based on the principle of delivering as many hits as possible to a wide area of the target, rather than pinpoint precision. There are three primary models of CF repeaters, all of which are available through the Voyager Direct store.
The entry level repeater is the CF-007 Bulldog. It features a three-barrel sequential fire design which is capable of high rates of power while maintaining a good degree of accuracy. The low overall damage rate is countered by limited power consumption.
The mid-range weapon is the CF-117 Badger, which is a Bulldog with better tuning and some cosmetic upgrades. It produces a poor power-to-damage ratio.
The CF-227 Panther is the high-end model, which produces a respectable power consumption to damage ratio compared to the Bulldog and Badger. Its primary limitation is in power efficiency.
The CF-337 Rhino
K&W's mass drivers are capable of firing multiple types of ammunition and generally offer better shield penetration than the laser repeaters in exchange for requiring ammunition reloads. The weapon characteristics are ideal for pilots looking to conserve power and limit their EM signature, although they suffer somewhat from a limited magazine. Recent years have seen sharp increases in sales of this weapon line, probably due to increased Vanduul attacks.
The most popular model produced by Klaus & Werner is the Model II Arclight, a handheld laser made famous as Kyle Fenris’ sidearm on the hit Vid-Show The Frontier. Arclights are durable and the lack of moving parts means that they survive in a number of extreme environments that would freeze or otherwise disable many of their peers.
- CF-007 Bulldog Laser Repeater (Size 1)
- CF-117 Badger Laser Repeater (Size 2)
- CF-227 Panther Laser Repeater (Size 3)
- CF-337 Rhino Laser Repeater (Size 4)
- LR-620 Precision Railgun
- Zestroyer Railgun
- Mass driver cannon (Size 1)
Stock ship installation
K&W weapons are installed on stock variants of a number of ships:
- The CF-007 Bulldog is installed on the stock Aurora LN, Hornet F7A, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, and F7C-S Hornet Tracker
- The CF-117 Badger is installed on the stock Hornet F7C, Hornet F7A, and F7C-M Super Hornet
- The CF-337 Rhino is installed on the Constellations Andromeda and Aquila
- The Zestroyer Railgun is installed on the stock Idris-M